News:- JNVST 2024 Class 6 Admission online application has been started from 19th June 2023.
News Date:- 20 June 2023
Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalaya Selection Test-2024
- Application Start Date: 19-06-2023
- Application Last Date: 10-08-2023
- Issue of Admit Card: To be updated soon
- Date of Exam: 04 Nov 2023 & 20 Jan 2024
- Publication of Result (Tentative): March/ April 2024
- There is no any application fee. Registration can be done free of cost through the admission portal.
- A candidate seeking admission must not have been born before 01-05-2012 and after 31-07-2014 (Both dates are inclusive).
Eligibility Criteria for JNVST 2024
- Admission of candidate to class VI in a JNV is district specific. A candidate who is studying class V in a district is allowed to apply for admission to JNV in the same district only. Only the bonafide resident candidates from the district concerned where the Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalaya has been located and studying class V in the same district are eligible to apply for admission.
- Candidate has to reside in the district where he/she is seeking admission in the JNV located in the same District. Bonafide residence certificate of the parent is to be submitted at the time of verification of documents after the provisional selection.
- Candidate has to study class V in any of the Govt. or Govt. recognized schools located in the same District during 2023-24.
- Candidates who have passed class V before the session 2023-24 or repeated candidates are not allowed.
(For more details must read the official prospectus.)
State-wise Distribution of Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalayas
According to the Navodaya Vidyalaya Scheme, one Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalaya is to be set up in each District in a phased manner. At present, 649 Vidyalayas are functional in 27 States and 08 Union Territories. The State-wise distribution of functional JNVs is as under:
|State Name||No. of JNVs||State Name||No. of JNVs|
|Andhra Pradesh||13+2**||Madhya Pradesh||51+2**+01*|
|Dadra & Nagar Haveli and Daman & Diu (UT)||03||Odisha||30+01**|
|Delhi (UT)||02||Puducherry (UT)||04|
|Jammu & Kashmir (UT)||19+01**||Tripura||08|
|Jharkhand||24+02**||UT Andaman & Nicobar Islands||03|
|Ladakh (UT)||02||West Bengal||17+01**|
|Grand Total Seat (626 + 20** + 3*) = 649|
** Additional JNVs sanctioned for the districts having large concentration of SC/ ST population.
* Special JNV
A maximum of eighty students are admitted in Class VI in each Vidyalaya through a Selection Test subject to availability of suitable candidates. The Samiti reserves the right to reduce the seats to forty or to withhold result and/or withhold admission and/or conduct of JNVST in case adequate accommodation is not available.