Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalaya Selection Test-2023
- Application Start Date: 02-01-2023
- Application Last Date: 31-01-2023
- Downloading of Admit Card: To be notified later
- Date of Exam: 29-04-2023
- There is no any application fee. Registration can be done free of cost through the admission portal.
- A candidate seeking admission must not have been born before 01-05-2011 and after 30-04-2013 (Both dates are inclusive)
Eligibility Criteria for JNVST 2023
- Candidates who are bonafide residents of the district and studying in class V in the academic session 2022-23 in Govt./ Govt. recognized school in the same district where JNV is functioning and to which they are seeking admission.
- Studied full academic session in each class and passed classes III & IV from Govt. / Govt. recognized school and born between 01.05.2011 to 30.04.2013 (Both the dates inclusive).
- At least 75% Seats in a district will be filled by candidates from rural areas.
- Reservation for SC, ST, OBC and Divyang candidates as per Govt. Norms.
- Minimum 1/3 of the seats are reserved for girl students.
State-wise Distribution of Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalayas
According to the Navodaya Vidyalaya Scheme, one Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalaya is to be set up in each District in a phased manner. At present, 649 Vidyalayas are functional in 27 States and 08 Union Territories. The State-wise distribution of functional JNVs is as under:
|State Name||No. of JNVs||State Name||No. of JNVs|
|Andhra Pradesh||13+2**||Madhya Pradesh||51+2**+01*|
|Dadra & Nagar Haveli and Daman & Diu (UT)||03||Odisha||30+01**|
|Delhi (UT)||02||Puducherry (UT)||04|
|Jammu & Kashmir (UT)||19+01**||Tripura||08|
|Jharkhand||24+02**||UT Andaman & Nicobar Islands||03|
|Ladakh (UT)||02||West Bengal||17+01**|
|Grand Total Seat (626 + 20** + 3*) = 649|
** Additional JNVs sanctioned for the districts having large concentration of SC/ ST population.
* Special JNV
A maximum of eighty students are admitted in Class VI in each Vidyalaya through a Selection Test subject to availability of suitable candidates. The Samiti reserves the right to reduce the seats to forty or to withhold result and/or withhold admission and/or conduct of JNVST in case adequate accommodation is not available.