News:- GATE 2024 online application form may be start by 30th August 2023 at gate2024.iisc.ac.in.
News Date:- 26 August 2023
Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering 2024
- Registration Start Date: By 30-08-2023
- Registration Last Date: 29-09-2023
- Admit Card Issue Date: 03-01-2024
- GATE 2024 Exam Date: 03, 04 and 10, 11 February 2024
- SC/ ST/ PwD/ Female Category: Rs.900/-
- All Other Category: Rs.1800/-
- Payment can be made online by using net banking / debit card / credit card / wallet / UPI / etc.
GATE 2024 Schedule (Tentative)
|Application Starting Date||By 30th August 2023|
|Closing Date of REGULAR online registration/ application process (Without Late Fee)||29th September 2023|
|Closing Date of EXTENDED online registration/ application process (With Late Fee)||13th October 2023|
|Availability of GATE Admit cards for download||03rd January 2024|
|GATE 2024 Examinations||03, 04 and 10, 11 February 2024|
|Candidate’s response available in Application portal||16th February 2024|
|Answer keys available on Application portal||21st February 2024|
|Submission of challenges by candidates on Answer Keys||22nd to 25th February 2024|
|Announcement of Results for GATE 2024||16th March 2024|
|Availability of Score Card for download by candidates||23rd March 2024|
Eligibility Criteria for GATE 2024
Candidates who are currently studying in the 3rd or higher years of any undergraduate degree program or who have completed any government approved degree program in Engineering/ Technology/ Science/ Architecture/ Humanities are eligible to appear for GATE 2024.
Some Professional Societies/ Institutions, which conduct examination in various fields of engineering, are given below.
- The Institution of Engineers (India) (IE)
- The Institution of Civil Engineers (ICE)
- The Institution of Electronics and Telecommunication Engineers (IETE)
- The Aeronautical Society of India (AeSI)
- The Indian Institute of Chemical Engineers, including Polymer and Environmental Group (IIChE)
- The Indian Institute of Metals (IIM)
- The Indian Institute of Industrial Engineers (IIIE)
Candidates who possess certification from any such professional societies must ensure that those examinations are approved by MoE/ AICTE/ UGC/ UPSC as being equivalent to B.E./ B.Tech./ B.Arch./ B.Planning, etc.
Candidates who have obtained/are pursuing their qualifying degree from countries other than India: Candidates must be currently in the 3rd or higher years or must have completed their Bachelor’s degree (of at least three years duration) in Engineering/ Technology/ Science/ Architecture/ Humanities.
- Candidates pursuing any higher degree or in possession of a degree higher than that mentioned in the table below, will be allowed to appear for GATE 2024.
- Candidates with B.Sc./ B.A./ B.Com. degrees (3-year program) desirous of seeking admission to Masters programs in IITs and IISc may refer to JAM 2024.
GATE 2024 Papers
GATE 2024 will be conducted for 30 subjects (papers). The list of papers and paper codes for GATE 2024. A candidate is allowed to appear in ANY ONE or UP TO TWO papers of the GATE examination. However, note that the combination of TWO papers in which a candidate can appear MUST be from the pre-defined list as given below. Also note that for a paper conducted in multiple sessions, a candidate will be mapped to appear for the examination in one of the sessions ONLY.
List of GATE 2024 Papers and Corresponding Codes
|GATE Paper||Code||GATE Paper||Code|
|Aerospace Engineering||AE||Instrumentation Engineering||IN|
|Architecture and Planning||AR||Mechanical Engineering||ME|
|Biomedical Engineering||BM||Mining Engineering||MN|
|Civil Engineering||CE||Naval Architecture and Marine Engineering||NM|
|Chemical Engineering||CH||Petroleum Engineering||PE|
|Computer Science and Information Technology||CS||Physics||PH|
|Chemistry||CY||Production and Industrial Engineering||PI|
|Electronics and Communication Engineering||EC||Statistics||ST|
|Electrical Engineering||EE||Textile Engineering and Fibre Science||TF|
|Environmental Science & Engineering||ES||Engineering Sciences||XE*|
|Ecology and Evolution||EY||Humanities & Social Sciences||XH**|
|Geomatics Engineering||GE||Life Sciences||XL***|
|Geology and Geophysics||GG||Data Science & Artificial Intelligence (New)||DA|