Joint Entrance Examination (Main)
- Application Date: 01-11-2023
- Application Last Date: 30-11-2023
- Announcement of the City of Examination: 2nd week of the January 2024
- Downloading of Admit Cards from NTA website: 21 January 2024
- Dates of Examination: 24 January to 01 February 2024
- Declaration of Result : 12 February 2024
|Category||Gender||Paper 1||Paper 1 & 2|
|General/ EWS/ OBC NCL||Male||1000/-||2000/-|
|SC/ ST/ PwD||Male||500/-||1000/-|
- Pay fee through Credit Card/ Debit Card/ Net Banking/ UPI.
JEE Main 2024 Important Schedule
Session-2: JEE (Main) – April 2024
|Online Submission of Application Form||02 February 2024 to 02 March 2024 (up to 09:00 P.M.)|
|Last date for successful transaction of prescribed Application Fee||02 March 2024 (up to 11:50 P.M.)|
|Announcement of the City of Examination||By the third week of March 2024|
|Downloading Admit Cards from the NTA website||03 days before the actual date of the Examination|
|Dates of Examination||Between 01 April and 15 April 2024|
|Display of Question Paper attempted by the Candidate and Answer Keys for inviting challenges||To be displayed on the NTA website|
|Declaration of Result||25 April 2024|
JEE Main 2024 Eligibility Criteria
List of Qualifying Examinations (QE)
- The final examination of the 10+2 system, conducted by any recognized Central/ State Board.
- Intermediate or two-year Pre-University examination conducted by a recognized Board/ University.
- Final examination of the two-year course of the Joint Services Wing of the National Defence Academy
- Senior Secondary School Examination conducted by the National Institute of Open Schooling with a minimum of five subjects
- Any Public School/ Board/ University examination in India or any foreign country is recognized as equivalent to the 10+2 system by the Association of Indian Universities (AIU).
- Higher Secondary Certificate Vocational Examination.
- A Diploma recognized by AICTE or a State board of technical education of at least 3 years duration.
- General Certificate Education (GCE) examination (London/Cambridge/Sri Lanka) at the Advanced (A) level.
- High School Certificate Examination of the Cambridge University or International Baccalaureate Diploma of the International Baccalaureate Office, Geneva.
- Candidates who have completed the Class 12 (or equivalent) examination outside India or from a Board not specified above should produce a certificate from the Association of Indian Universities (AIU) to the effect that the examination they have passed is equivalent to the Class 12 Examination.
- In case the Class 12 Examination is not a public examination, the candidate must have passed at least one public (Board or Pre-University) examination earlier.
Year of Appearance in Qualifying Examination
Only those candidates who have passed the Class 12/ equivalent examination in 2022, 2023, or those who are appearing in the Class 12/ equivalent examination in 2024, are eligible to appear in JEE (Main) – 2024.
Candidates who passed the Class 12/equivalent examination in 2021 or before as well as those who will appear in such examination in 2024 or later are not eligible to appear in JEE (Main) – 2024.
For appearing in the JEE (Main) – 2024, there is no age limit for the candidates. The candidates who have passed the class 12/ equivalent examination in 2022, 2023, or appearing in 2024 irrespective of their age can appear in JEE (Main) – 2024 examination. However, the candidates may be required to fulfill the age criteria of the Institute(s) to which they are desirous of taking admission.