News:- Result of JEE (Advanced) 2022 will available on Sunday, September 11, 2022 (10:00 IST).
News Date:- 11 September 2022
JEE (Advanced) Result 2022
- Registration Start Date: 07-08-2022
- Registration Last Date: 11-08-2022
- Result Date: 11-09-2022
- SC, ST, PwD and Female (all categories) : Rs.1400/-
- All Other Candidates : Rs.2800/-
- Pay fee through online.
- Candidates should have been born on or after October 1, 1997. 5 years age relaxation is given to SC, ST, and PwD candidates, i.e., these candidates should have been born on or after October 1, 1992.
Total Seat Approx.
Eligibility Criteria For JEE Advanced (Indian Nationals)
All the candidates must simultaneously fulfil each and every one of the following five criteria to appear for JEE (Advanced) 2022
Criterion 1 – Performance in JEE (Main) 2022:
Candidates should be among the top 2,50,000 successful candidates (including all categories) in B.E./B.Tech. Paper of JEE (Main) 2022.
The percentages of various categories of candidates to be shortlisted are: 10% for GEN-EWS, 27% for OBC-NCL, 15% for SC, 7.5% for ST, and the remaining 40.5% is OPEN for all. Within each of these five categories, 5% horizontal reservation is available for PwD candidates.
The following table shows the order to be followed while choosing the top 2,50,000 candidates in various categories based on the performance in B.E./B.Tech. paper of JEE (Main) 2022.
Category-wise distribution of top 2,50,000* candidates (Criterion 1)
|Order||Category||Number of “Top” candidates|
* The total number of candidates may be slightly greater than 2,50,000 in the presence of “tied” ranks / scores in any category.
Criterion 2 – Age limit:
Candidates should have been born on or after October 1, 1997. Five years age relaxation is given to SC, ST, and PwD candidates, i.e., these candidates should have been born on or after October 1, 1992.
Criterion 3 – Number of attempts:
A candidate can attempt JEE (Advanced) maximum of two times in two consecutive years.
Criterion 4 – Appearance in Class XII (or equivalent) examination*:
A candidate should have appeared for the Class XII (or equivalent) examination for the first time in either 2021 or 2022 with the subjects Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics. Candidates who had appeared in Class XII (or equivalent) examination, for the first time in 2020 or earlier, are NOT eligible to appear in JEE (Advanced) 2022, unless covered by the one-time special measure set out below.
* By appearance in Class XII (or equivalent) examination, it is meant that the board concerned declared the result for that year irrespective of whether or not examination was conducted. It will be considered as an appearance even if the result of a particular candidate got withheld.
However, if the examination Board of Class XII (or equivalent) declared the results for the academic year 2019-20 on or after October 15, 2020, then the candidates of that board who appeared for their Class XII exam in 2020 are also eligible to appear in JEE (Advanced) 2022, provided they meet all the other eligibility criteria. In case the examination Board of Class XII (or equivalent) declared the results for the academic year 2019- 20 before October 15, 2020 but the result of a particular candidate was withheld, then the candidate will not be eligible to appear in JEE (Advanced) 2022.
Relaxation in Criteria as a special case for JEE (Advanced) 2022
- One-time measure for those who first appeared in class 12th (or equivalent) examination in 2020/2021 AND successf ully registered for JEE (Advanced) 2021 but did NOT appear
- One-time measure for those who first appeared in class 12th in 2020
For detailed information must see official notification.
Criterion 5 – Earlier admission at IITs:
A candidate should NOT have been admitted to an IIT irrespective of whether or not the candidate continued in the program OR accepted an IIT seat by reporting “online” / at a “reporting centre” in the past. Candidates whose admission to IITs was cancelled (for whatever reason) after joining any IIT are also NOT eligible to appear for JEE (Advanced) 2022.
Candidates who have been admitted to a preparatory course in any of the IITs for the first time in 2021 can appear in JEE (Advanced) 2022.
The candidates who were allocated a seat in an IIT through JoSAA 2021 but (i) did not report “online” / at any “reporting centre” OR, (ii) withdrew before the last round of seat allotment, OR, (iii) had their seat cancelled (for whatever reason) before the last round of seat allotment for IITs, are eligible to appear for JEE (Advanced) 2022
However, in all of the above cases, the candidate is also required to fulfil the conditions mentioned from Criterion 1 to Criterion 4.