Himachal Pradesh Public Service Commission
- Application Start Date: 18-10-2023
- Application Last Date: 17-11-2023
- Fee Payment Last Date: 17-11-2023
- Admit Card: To be updated soon…
- General: Rs.1150/-
- EWS/ OBC (NCL): Rs.600/-
- SC/ ST/ BPL/ PwBD: Rs.325/-
- Pay Fee Through Online Mode.
Eligibility Criteria for HPPSC SET 2023
State Eligibility Test (SET) 2023
- General/ Unreserved/ General-EWS candidates who have secured at least 55% marks (without rounding off) in Master’s Degree from Universities/ Institutions recognized by UGC in Humanities (including languages) and Social Sciences, Computer Science & Applications are eligible for this Test. The SC, ST, OBC (NCL), PWD of H.P. category candidates who have secured at least 50% marks (without rounding off) in Master’s Degree are eligible for this test.
- Candidates who are pursuing their Master’s degree or equivalent course or candidates who have appeared for their qualifying Master’s Degree (final year) examination and whose result is still awaited or candidates whose qualifying examinations have been delayed may also apply for this test. However, such candidates will be admitted provisionally and shall be considered eligible for the post of Assistant Professor in the Universities/ Colleges situated in the State, only after they have passed their Master’s Degree examination or equivalent with at least 55% marks (50% marks in case of SC/ ST/ OBC (NCL/ and PWD) category candidates of H.P.) Such candidates must complete their P.G. Degree examination within two years from the date of SET result with required percentage of marks, failing which they shall be treated as disqualified.
- NET/ SET shall remain the minimum eligibility condition for recruitment and appointment of Assistant Professor(s) in Universities/ Colleges/ Institutions. Provided however, that candidates, who are or have been awarded a Ph. D. Degree in accordance with the University Grants Commission (Minimum standards and Procedure for Award for Ph.D. Degree) Regulations, 2009, shall be exempted from the requirement of the minimum eligibility condition of NET/ SET for recruitment and appointment of Assistant Professor(s) or equivalent positions in Universities/ Colleges/ Institutions.
- For SET Candidates : The candidates who have cleared the State Eligibility Test (SET) accredited by UGC for eligibility for Assistant Professor held prior to 1 June, 2002 are exempted from appearing in NET, and are eligible to appear/apply for Assistant Professor(s) anywhere in India. For SET held from 1 June, 2002 onwards, the qualified candidates are eligible to apply for the post of Assistant Professor(s) only in the Universities/ Colleges situated in the State from where they have cleared their SET. A candidate can appear in the SET any number of times and there is no age limit.
HPPSC SET 2023 Subject List
|Sr. No.||Subject Name||Sr. No.||Subject Name|
|3||Life Sciences||15||Political Science|
|5||Economics||17||Computer Science and Applications|
|6||Geography||18||Tourism Administration and Management|
|7||Hindi||19||Mass Communication and Journalism|
|11||Physical Sciences||23||Environment Sciences|
|12||Physical Education||24||Home Sciences|